About Me

A Charlottesville family goes to Ethiopia for three months to try to be useful to a school and a remote church, but also get some perspective on their own lives.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No Pictures, Just a Post

Hello - these past few days have been so rich that it has been impossible to write - about as practical as whipping out your journal while cresting the first hill of a roller coaster and asking the person behind you if they have a pen.  Girma got his Visa!  I am in Kenya right now, and Julie is back in Addis, and how exactly it happened is really her story to tell.  I am bold to say that that this was all God's doing, and for perhaps the first time in my life, I don't have any doubt about it - this was a miracle.  So many things that people said were impossible (people like me, for example) suddenly became possible.  All the things that have given me my bearings in life seem to be silly, made up things; frankly, I have no idea what the "plan" is, but I am now more certain than ever, that it is good.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations all! We had no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are SO very Happy for Girma and you! We have always had faith that you could move mountains...or get visas.....with His help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Bakers - Looking forward to meeting you, Girma! :)

    ReplyDelete