About Me

A Charlottesville family goes to Ethiopia for three months to try to be useful to a school and a remote church, but also get some perspective on their own lives.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Not Traveling Lightly....

800lbs - not including us, or our carry ons.  I have this notion that once we get there we can instantly off load of this stuff to the various recipients and we will be free to just walk around with some coins in our pockets; that life will be simpler there - that once we go through the shock of it all, that we will be profoundly happier, even free of our foibles and our besetting sins.  My head tells me that that is not going to happen, but my hearts hopes for such a place.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive organization. High hopes to be free of your foibles. My prayers are with you that your heart is big enough to receive all of the love and hospitality you will meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the poor Suburban. I had no idea it worked that hard to get you to the airport.

    ReplyDelete